September 13 and October 18 and 24, 2020
The GROW 2020 conference is aimed at female-identified undergraduate students who may be interested in pursuing a graduate degree in the mathematical sciences. The conference is open to undergraduates from U.S. colleges and universities, including international students.
The conference will feature
- panel discussions about graduate research in the mathematical sciences
- networking opportunities
- advice on preparing applications for graduate school
The conference will take place online via Zoom. There are no costs associated with attending.
- Sami Assaf, Mathematics, University of Southern California
- Rina Foygel Barber, Statistics, University of Chicago
- Kathryn Mann, Mathematics, Cornell University
- Emily Riehl, Mathematics, Johns Hopkins University
- Rebecca Willett, Statistics and Computer Science, University of Chicago
The organizing committee consists of: Kevin Corlette, Mimi Dai, Denis Hirschfeldt, Vera Mikyoung Hur, Maryanthe Malliaris, Nikki Pitcher, Laura Schaposnik, Mary Silber, Takis Souganidis, and Rebecca Willett.
Contributors to GROW organization: Chloe Avery (UChicago), Guher Camliyurt (UChicago), Radwa Dawood (UIC), Meg Doucette (UChicago), Thomas Hameister (UChicago), Denis Hirschfeldt (UChicago), Kasia Jankiewicz (UChicago), Roxie Jiang (UIC), Yundi Kong (UIC), Howie Masur (UChicago), Peter May (UChicago), Vinh Nguyen (UIC), Nikki Pitcher (UChicago), Sarah Reitzes (UChicago), Megan Roda (UChicago), Mariya Sardarli (UChicago), Yike Tang (UIC), Danielle Tucker (UIC), Dolores Walton (UChicago), Shmuel Weinberger (UChicago), Emily Wenger (UChicago), Miaomai Zhou (UIC), Seyed Zoalroshd (UChicago)
Applications for GROW 2020 can be submitted at https://www.mathprograms.org/db/programs/966. The committee will begin screening applications on June 15, 2020, but will give full consideration to applications submitted by September 1, 2020.